Sunday, September 22, 2013

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Cookies

It's getting to be that time of year when all I want to do is bake goodies in the kitchen. Unfortunately most of those goodies aren't healthy for you. So I'm on a mission to create recipes that are healthy, but don't taste "healthy".

These Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies taste just as delicious as the full sugar version but are full of protein without processed flour or sugar! You can use different chocolate chips - regular, dark, mini, etc. You can change the texture by using regular rolled oats instead of oat flour and/or smooth it out by using creamy peanut butter instead of chunky. You can also use all natural no sugar added peanut butter and sugar free chocolate chips to make a sugar free cookie!  It's all based on your personal preference.

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Cookies

1 cup Chunky Peanut Butter (I like Extra Chunky)
1 Large Egg
1 Egg White
2 Tbsp Applesauce (I used our homemade canned applesauce)
1 heaping scoop Syntrax Nectar Vanilla Bean Torte Protein Powder
1 cup Oat Flour (I grind my own. I prefer a little texture so I don't totally grind to flour consistency, see pic)
1 cup Sugar Substitute of your choice
1/8 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (I prefer dark chocolate)


My oat flour consistency


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (you could line with aluminum foil and non-stick spray but I don't want the added oil).

Microwave peanut butter for 30 seconds so it's easier to mix. In a medium bowl, mix together your peanut butter, egg, egg white, and applesauce until incorporated. In a separate bowl combine the protein powder, oat flour (or regular oats), sugar substitute, salt baking soda and chocolate chips. Combine wet and dry ingredients.


Moisten hands to prevent from sticking and roll cookie dough into balls and place on lined cookie sheet. Use a fork to press a criss-cross pattern into each cookie. Bake 8-10 minutes.



Let cookies cool and enjoy!



I had my husband try these before I told him they were healthy and he had no idea! He thinks they're perfect with a nice glass of cold milk. YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment