Thursday, September 26, 2013

Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

So I've been craving spicy things lately and my friend told me she was making Habanero Jelly - which is WAY to spicy for me - but sounded good none the less. I had some left over Jalapenos from the Cocktail Sausage Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers I made for a football party, so I decided to go for it and make some Jalapeno Pepper Jelly - and it turned out delicious! I am currently using it on/in soooo many things, kind of like a seasoning (I'll post some recipes soon), and loving every one of them!




Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

1 Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
5 Jalapenos seeds in, finely chopped (if you want a milder jelly, remove seeds)
3/4 cup White Vinegar
1/2 tsp Salt
3 cups White Sugar
3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit® Classic Pectin
1/2 tsp Butter

Sprinkle pectin evenly over bottom of Jelly Maker Pot fitted with Stirrer. Add peppers evenly over Pectin. Pour vinegar over peppers and add the butter to help reduce foaming.

Press "Jelly" button, then hit the "-" minus button until time reads 21 minutes. Press Enter.

Wait for the 4 minute signal to add the sugar. Pour evenly while the Stirrer continues to spin. Place the glass lid on top and wait for the timer to sound letting you know the jelly is done.

Once done skim any foam off the top and put jelly into desired containers (we water bath canned ours to keep longer).

This recipe makes aprox 4 - 8oz jars or 2 - 16oz.


This jelly is spicy but not over powering. It's got some heat but it doesn't knock you on the floor. Try it with some cream cheese on a cracker for a nice snack or a quick and easy appetizer, use it as a dipping sauce for steak, chicken or shrimp! I've even mixed it with some cottage cheese for a spicy protein treat ;-) No matter how you use it - you're gonna love this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment